Work of Our Hands Christmas Showcase 2022
Friday November 4: 1-8 pm
Saturday November 5: 10 am - 5 pm
Sunday November 6: 10 am - 5 pm
Pottery By Heather
4740 - 50 Street, Bon Accord, AB, Canada, T0A 0K0 - Directions ->
- Please book your staggered entry on the website.
- Please finish the entire booking process by checking out and completing the booking form!
Our annual Christmas showcase is sneaking up. And I am feeling like we are back to normal…or at least, what ever normal is these days. I am looking forward to it. The bustle of the preparation, the changing seasons and the anticipation of seeing you all.
Something good always comes out of something crazy….and our good thing is, we will be keeping the staggered entry booking for the showcase. So many of you commented on how nice it was that the studio was not overcrowded, and you were able to see all the amazing work created by the artisans. So as with the past few showcase events, you will be able to go the website and pick an entry time to come. We will not be hustling you out the door, but the next group of people will be arriving on the hour. Hand sanitizer and access to soap and water will be available. And masking will be a personal choice.
Our shelves will be fully stocked. There will be a great selection of one of a kind mugs in all shapes and colours, so I am sure you will find the perfect one to fit your hand. Coo mugs and mountain mugs have been my thing this year, so the selection will be good. Bowls, casseroles, teapots and way too many items to list will be available to purchase for that perfect gift for that someone special. Our Christmas candle holder collection will add stars alongside the nativity and angels. As well as all our many pottery items, the studio will be filled with fine handcrafted work from all our talented artisan friends. Jewelry, scarves, mitts, socks and purses to adorn your person. If you are a DIYer, there will be yarn to buy for your next project. Jams and fudge to tempt your taste buds. Lovely scented soaps….clean never smelled so good. Clay flowers, miniature houses, paintings and willow and found item weavings will find the perfect spot in your home. Looking to decorate the Christmas tree with something special…..then look no further. Stain glass, clay, and felt ornaments will make choosing difficult. And if it is your little fur buddy you are shopping for, we have them covered too. Such tasty dog treats. Bowl Buddies make a great stocking stuffer and are a great way to keep your hands cool while you snuggle up with a warm bowl of chili in front of a movie. There are beautifully handcrafted wooden treasure boxes and serving trays for gifting or for your own entertaining. A comfortable way to shop for locally made products that anyone would love to receive.
As always, we will be collecting for our local food bank. Please bring along a non perishable food item or cash donation, and we will put your name into a draw for a gift bag of items from our talented exhibitors. I would like to say, that our food bank is so very grateful for your generosity. Bring along your own reusable bag to carry your purchases home in and your name will be entered to win two mugs.
We are very excited to put on the showcase for you this year. Please ensure to book your time slot on the website booking app. It is similar to purchasing an item online. Make sure and go to your cart and check out to complete the booking!
2022 Christmas Showcase Participants
- Sundogs and Northern Lights Studio – An eclectic collection of willow and found item weavings and sculptures from the brilliant and creative mind of Rae Hunter
- Coronado Saskatoon Farm – A taste of summer in a jar. Jams made with care from local grown saskatoons and berries
- Peeter’s Pride Alpacas – Beautiful soft alpaca yarns and products from a local alpaca farm. Socks, felted dryer balls, yarns for knitting your own creations and lovely knitted pieces from the talented hands of Laurie Peeters
- Carol’s Creations – Silver wire earrings and bracelets in a myriad of styles. Hoops and stud earrings and chain mail bracelets to gift to others or spoil yourself.
- Rosa Pinzauti Artist – Each year Rosa surprises us with a new selection of paintings. Both water colours and acrylics. We can’t wait to see what she will bring us this time!
- Prairie Gardens and Adventure Farm – Prairie Gardens renowned fudge will be back! Everyone’s stocking will need at least one piece….and santa should be rewarded as well.
- Toula’s House of Clay – Haven’t got a green thumb….then Toula’s stunning clay flowers are for you. She has also created clay houses and fridge magnets. And an amazing selection of Christmas ornaments to grace your tree.
- Westmount Soap Co. – So many amazing scents to choose from. Well crafted handmade soaps. Clean never smelled so good.
- Farm Fresh Pet Foods- These dog treats are the talk of the town. All the local dogs are waiting for the showcase weekend to restock their supplies.
- Jewelry by Aafke – A stunning collection of semi-precious stone bead earrings. No matter what your outfit you will find a pair to complement. And all on non allergenic findings. One pair is never enough!
- Connecting Threads – Handbags, purses, book and computer bags all expertly sewn with an eye for detail that will delight. Also vests and kimonos to coordinate with any outfit, made from stunning scarves.
- MC Murt - 100% cotton bowl buddies to help keep your hands cool while snuggling with a warm bowl of yummy. The fabric selections are endless!
- Joan McNallie Glass – Sparkling festive stain glass.
- Reg Prins – Long handled shoehorns created from recycled oak wine barrels.
- Mark Brandl – Beautifully hand crafted wooden boxes and trays out of exotic woods. The attention to detail will take your breath away.
- Creatures of Creativity –Small felt and bead birds that will not only grace your Christmas tree but are delightful enough to hang year round. Chickadees, blue jays, robins, hummingbirds and even more of our locals to choose from. Christmas themed birds will round out the flock.
- S&J Candle Candle Co. – These small batch, hand poured candles are scented with 100% essential oils. The clean burning, natural soy wax base is lightly scented and ideal for small spaces. Sit back, breath deep and relax. Burn time is approximately 40-50 hours.
- Tabitha Hanson Art - Our very talented Bon Accord artist, Tabitha, has transformed the local countryside and flora into beautiful paintings. You will smile with the familiarity of the subject matter and be awed by the talent.